Ontario County Profile
Ontario County Mental Health
Ontatrio County Probation
Ontario County DSS
Finger Lakes Parent Network
SPOA Lakeview Mental Health
Drug – Free Communities Project Director
Youth and family advocates
Approximate population – 108,300; 95% White, 2% Black/African American, American, 1% Asian and < .05% other; median Age – 42.5; 22% of the population are under the age of 18; 6% of individuals 5 yrs of age and older speak a language other than English at home; median income – $56,476 (8% of households earn less than $15,000)
- Establish Family Support Centers in collaboration with other Ontario County stakeholders
- Manage current budgets and explore additional funding strategies to sustain existing Family Support Centers and expansion of centers
- Implementation and evaluation of Family Support services in Canandaigua City and Phelps-Clifton Springs Central Schools
- Promote Family Support services within Ontario County and the region
Ontario County joined the NYS Success Learning Collaborative in the second year (fall 2014) of the NYS Success grant. In December 2014 NYS Success awarded Ontario County $25,000 in Innovation funds to establish two Family Support Centers. Both centers are up and running and accepting referrals for families. Currently 13 families are receiving services through the Family Support Centers and 10 youths were diverted from placement saving the county approximately $30,000. The Family Support Centers provide free Solution Focused Brief Therapy to families dealing with difficult issues who may not be able to utilize other community resources due lack of finances, transportation issues, and/or other challenges.
The Ontario SOC team is working on expanding and strengthening their SOC Advisory group and improving on youth engagement strategies.
System of Care Expansion Planning and Implementation Activities
Training / Technical Assistance
- 4/8/15 NYS Success team orientation facilitated by NYS Success consultants Daphnne Brown (FTNYS), Jessica Hollins (YouthPower!), Lenora Reid-Rose (CLC consultant), and Stephanie Shortt (Social Marketing/Communications consultant)
Cultural & Linguistic Competence
- 6/2/15 3 hr CLC workshop facilitated by NYS Success consultant Lenora Reid-Rose. Workshop was NYS OASAS certified for CASAC credit.