Yates County Profile
George Roets, Director of Community Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Yates County Departments of Probation
Social Services, Public Health, and Community Services
Dundee Central School
Penn Yan School District
Center for Dispute Settlement
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Citizens Coalition for Children
Child and Family Resources
Youth and family advocates
Approximate population – 25,300; 98% White, 1% Black/African and < .05% other; median Age – 40.5; 24% of the population under age 18; 9% 11% of individuals 5 yrs. of age and older speak a language other than English at home; at home: median income – $49,335 (14% of households earn less than $15,000 annually)
- Increase youth-guided and family-driven values into existing collaborative work
- Identify services and stakeholders and provide education regarding systems of care and motivating all members to embrace and participate in SOC
- Identify how to best transition this work during leadership turnover
Yates County joined the NYS Success Learning Collaborative in the second year (fall 2014) of the NYS Success SOC grant. Yates County has a long history of cross-system collaboration to serve children and families. The Yates County SOC team chose to assess their current composition of the present CCSI Tier II team and to engage any missing partners. The SOC team hopes to utilize the NYS Success evaluation component of the Learning Collaborative to identify what interventions are working for what populations, what is missing/needed, and how can children needing additional supports be identified before they are in crisis.
System of Care Expansion Planning and Implementation Activities
Training / Technical Assistance
- On January 17, 2014, NYS Success team members attended a Cross-System Collaborative Tier II Committee meeting where team members provided a SOC orientation. NYS NYS Success team members included: Lenora Reid-Rose (Cultural Competence consultant); Daphnne Brown (Family consultant; Jessica Hollins (Youth consultant) and Stephanie Shortte 9Social Marketing consultant).
Cultural & Linguistic Competence
- 6/3/14 – 3hr CLC workshop facilitated by NYS Success consultant Lenora Reid-Rose. Workshop was NYS OASAS certified for CASAC credit
- NYS Success partner, Finger Lakes Parent Network Youth Coordinator, provided training to Tier II / SOC team on preparing to work with youth as equal partners / increasing youth voice.